What is a cookie and what is it used for?
A cookie is a text file that can be saved, subject to your choices, in a dedicated space on the hard drive of your terminal (computer, tablet, etc.) when consulting a website through your browser. It is transmitted by a website’s server to your browser. Each cookie is assigned an anonymous identifier. The cookie file allows its issuer to identify the terminal in which it is registered during the period of validity or registration of the cookie concerned.
The purpose of cookies is to facilitate and improve your Internet browsing by memorizing your browsing preferences, your website login details, etc.
There are two types of cookies:
- Site editor’s cookies are created by the site you are visiting, which is indicated in the address bar.
- Third-party cookies are created by other sites/services, which manage some of the content, such as ads or images, that you see on the web site you are visiting.
When you visit the sites edited by SafeBrands, we may install various cookies, depending on your choice. Their aim is to improve your browsing experience by making it more intuitive and to perform audience measurements.
The validity period of our cookies is 13 months maximum
What types of cookies are installed by our website?
- Third-party audience measurement cookies – Google Analytics
These cookies make it possible to establish statistics on the number of visits to our sites and to detect navigation problems in order to monitor and improve the quality of our services.
- Functional and authentication cookies
These cookies are necessary for proper navigation on our site (eg choice of language, pages viewed, etc.) and for authenticating clients within their secure extranet and for maintaining search sessions.
You can change your cookie preferences at any time by clicking here.
SafeBrands SAS, whose head office is established in Marseille Cedex 03 (13356), France, 37 rue Guibal, is the recipient of the information stored in the cookies it issues, with the exception of “third party cookies”, which are managed by third parties and are their sole responsibility.
How to manage cookies from your browsers? How to accept or refuse the installation of cookies on your terminals?
You can use your browser’s settings at any time to express and modify your cookie preferences. You have the option of authorizing, refusing or deactivating cookies (a cookie already installed and then deactivated will be deleted at the end of its validity period, ie a maximum of 13 months from its installation). We would like to point out that the rejection of all cookies may have consequences on the performance of our website and / or our services.
In order to configure your cookies preferences on your browser, we invite you to follow the instructions given according to the browser concerned:
- On Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-en/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- On Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/protection-renforcee-contre-pistage-firefox-ordinateur
- On Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
- On Safari: For Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/13.0/mac/10.15, for IPhone, IPad, Ipod: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- On Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
To go further concerning the control of cookies: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/cookies-les-outils-pour-les-maitriser
Have another question? Our DPO is available to you by email at firstname.lastname@example.org