Our tools detect the ads displayed by Google, Bing and Yahoo when web users search your trademarks. A screenshot is taken of each infringement detected. All of the results are compiled in weekly monitoring reports, which are sent to you by e-mail and also recorded on our secure Extranet site. An analysis by one of our team members can also help you to make sense of the raw data, and provides you with targeted information to enable you to achieve your objectives and to develop your trademark protection strategy.
Our brand protection solutions and expertise
Some companies create keyword ads on search engines using trademarks over which they have no rights, in order to drive traffic to their websites. This poses a dual risk to trademark owners, firstly of the hijacking of their traffic, and secondly the increased cost of their own campaigns. Recent case law states that owners are responsible for monitoring misuse of their own domains.
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN
Whether you want to track any changes to the content of web pages, references to your trademark by web users or problem infringements on auction sites, SafeBrands has developed a full range of services enabling you to manage these issues effectively.
Whois / Web Page Monitoring
SafeBrands has developed a comprehensive service which enables you to monitor registration details for a domain name and/or a website. This service covers technical and administrative domain name changes, and changes to the content or structure of any website which can be accessed from a specific domain name.
Whois / Web Page Monitoring Objectives
Domain names are not static : they evolve over time. They may expire or be released onto the secondary market. They may be inactive, or attached to a website or e-mail service. The website may be in use and later disabled, or its content may change. These constant shifts may require targeted monitoring in order to stay informed of particular changes, especially in the case of domains that may infringe upon your trademarks.
A domain name may be monitored for a range of purposes, including :
- Monitoring a potentially contentious domain name / website.
- Receiving an alert if a domain name is being used.
- Acting in the event of infringing content being published.
- Acting as soon as a domain name is used to send e-mails (phishing).
- Tracking the domain name’s path through the convoluted secondary market (subsequent buyers, sales prices).
- Putting together a case prior to initiating recovery proceedings.
- Being informed of any change that may make a recovery action possible.
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN
A Comprehensive Service
- We enable you to monitor all changes to a domain name’s Whois details. Specifically, you will be notified if the owner or one of the domain contacts changes, if the DNS servers are changed, and if the domain is renewed.
- Our monitoring reports show all changes, and provide a visual of the Whois details which have been changed (e.g. owner, date).
- Analysis of DNS fields such as MX records can identify if a mail service has been attached to the domain, enabling phishing to be detected in advance.