Although nothing is set in stone, ICANN is likely to open a new phase of applications at the end of 2018. This time, we expect that most applications will come from businesses wishing to secure their .trademarks, rather than ‘pure plays’ with generic TLD projects.
SafeBrands gained a great deal of experience during phase one by managing a range of cases including .total, .sfr. .aquarelle, .mutuelle and even .bostik. As a result, we are able to help businesses think strategically about how they can best secure their .trademarks. These cases may take time to implement, especially if they form part of a comprehensive naming policy which involves senior management.
SafeBrands manages the set-up and monitoring of your TLD, in compliance with ICANN rules:
- Strategic thinking: Introduction to procedures, analysis of opportunities, marketing and legal advice, action plan.
- Implementation: Drafting of a launch plan, preparing a list of reserved or premium words, implementing registrar accreditation procedures and allocation of domain names.
- Day-to-day monitoring: Reports showing the proper maintenance of the TLD (ICANN obligation), maintaining compliance with the various specifications, registrar accreditation, and monitoring of zone file sharing.
- Emergency management: 24/7 out-of-hours service, responses to requests and complaints from ICANN or third parties by our specially-trained team.
- Advice and information: Monitoring ICANN rules, adaptation of strategy, managing press and industry relations.
Our comprehensive services provide you with a range of expert domain name knowledge and specializations. We also offer high-quality legal, technical and administrative know-how that can only be gained through experience.
49 rue du Commerce
Tél.: +33 (0)1 80 82 82 60
Fax: +33 (0)1 80 82 82 61
SAFEBRANDS SOUTHERN EUROPE
Pôle Media Belle de Mai
37, rue Guibal
13356 Marseille Cedex 3
Tél.: +33 (0)4 88 66 22 22
Fax : +33 (0)4 88 66 22 20
4284 rue de la Roche
H2J 3H9 CANADA
Tél. : +1 514 600-6124
SAFEBRANDS COTE D'AZUR
4 boulevard de Cimiez
Tél. : +33 (0)4 83 93 53 80
Fax : +33 (0)4 88 66 22 57
Unit 1010 Miramar Tower
132 Nathan Road