The Sunrise B Period allowed trademark holders to block their brands’ .XXX domains for 10 years.
Several priority registration periods, related to an IP right or to ownership of a .XXX.
MMX’s ICM Registry launched a new trademark protection system with broader adult-oriented coverage (.XXX, .PORN, .SEX and .ADULT).
Our exceptional launch promotion offering 50% off of ten years of AdultBlock+ ends on December 31, 2019.
These new products are intended to allow a single block of the four adult content extensions managed by MMX’s ICM Registry. AdultBlock and AdultBlock+ share some features, but AdultBlock+ is much more comprehensive.
- While AdultBlock allows you to block exactly your trademark, without any variant protection, AdultBlock+ blocks all the variants granted by ICM under Sunrise B and/or those granted by the TMCH.
- AdultBlock+ includes equivalent IDN characters.
- The AdultBlock+ service currently includes over 20 scripts: English, Belarusian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Danish, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Montenegrin, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish and Ukrainian.
- AdultBlock+ also protects the brand’s homoglyphic variants. AdultBlock+’s homoglyphic coverage is provided via the registry connection to Uniregistry EPS+, which includes this same functionality (previously offered by Donuts as part of its DPML). Many brand owners will appreciate this feature along with the functionalities and benefits of an experienced, reliable blocking provider.
That’s why the AdultBlock solution seems of limited interest given the important additional protection provided by AdultBlock+.
Comparative between AdultBlock & AdultBlock+
- Some blocking products may be more attractive than others, depending on the brand’s strategy. However, this particular blocking product is undeniably appealing, if only in terms of cost for all Sunrise B owners, as well as for any brand wishing to limit the risk of infringement. Potential damage to your image from “adult” domain name extensions is greater than for other extensions.
- Trademark holders should now catalog their Sunrise B blocks and TMCH registrations in order to identify the brands that will benefit from AdultBlock+, to replace current defensive registrations at a lower cost, or to protect their new trademarks.
- They must also evaluate the budgets needed by year end to carry out the required blocking by taking advantage of the AdultBlock+ offer.
What TLDs does the AdultBlock and AdultBlock+ service cover?
The service covers all four ICM Registry TLDs – .XXX, .SEX, .ADULT and .PORN.
Who is eligible to block a domain name?
Trademark holders with a Signed Mark Data (SMD) file from the Trademark Clearing House (TMCH) and .XXX Sunrise B holders are eligible to block their labels.
Does the service include premium domains?
Yes, both AdultBlock and AdultBlock+ will block all available domains irrespective of price point and automatically block any additional dropped names while the block service is in place – no further actions are required by the trademark holder.
Where can I see what domains will be covered by the service?
Ask us. We can take a SMD file or a plain text trademark and have access to a system which will provide a list of domains blocked along with any exceptions (domain names currently registered and which cannot be blocked but will be automatically added if they become available while the block service is active). We can provide you with this list.
Will domains already registered be blocked?
No, domains that are currently registered cannot be blocked. Once a name is deleted or expires, the blocking service will automatically add the domain name to the list of blocked names during the service period without any further actions.
What happens when a domain becomes available?
Once the redemption period has ended and the domain name becomes available, both the AdultBlock and AdultBlock+ service will add the newly available domain name to the block for the remainder of the service period. Registered names cannot be blocked until they become available.
Can someone else register my customersʼ blocked domains?
Once a domain name is blocked by the AdultBlock or AdultBlock+ service no other users can register the domain name during the service period.
What IDN characters are part of the service?
The variants generation software utilizes Unicode Consortium standards. This means that the AdultBlock+ service not only blocks characters available today but also includes any language character sets that become available in the future for the specific TLD. Currently, the AdultBlock+ service covers over 20 languages and scripts including Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian.
Does the service block any other confusingly similar characters?
Yes, the AdultBlock+ service will block confusingly similar characters, such as replacing an “L” with a “1” and an “E” with a “3”. The AdultBlock+ service is the most complete coverage available.
Where can I get a list of all the variants generated by a trademark?
The number of variants can be large depending on the trademark. For example, ʻbankʼ would generate thousands of variants. For this reason, we typically provide just a sample of the variations covered by the AdultBlock+ service.
How many years can I register the AdultBlock and AdultBlock+ service for?
The service allows 1, 3, 5 and 10 year registration periods with a maximum registration period of 10-years for both the AdultBlock and AdultBlock+ service.
How many years can I renew the AdultBlock and AdultBlock+ service for?
Renewals mirror the registration periods with 1, 3, 5 and 10-year renewal options with a maximum registration period of 10-years.
Is there any advantage to registering for multiple years?
Yes, there are significant cost savings being offered during a time-limited, special launch promotion that allows trademark owners to purchase a 10-year AdultBlock+ with variant protection in over 20 different languages and scripts. Promotional prices for the AdultBlock+ service is equivalent to the basic AdultBlock service on an annual basis for the same 10-year time-frame – the promotion offers real value and savings to trademark owners.
Do I need to renew my TMCH SMD file?
The AdultBlock and AdultBlock+ service may check the validity of the SMD file at any time throughout the service period. SafeBrand will make sure with you that it is valid.
Is there a limit on the protection of variants in the SMD file?
No, the AdultBlock+ service will block all non-registered variants in the SMD file.
What information will be shown in the WHOIS?
The WHOIS data will state that the blocked domains are protected by the AdultBlock and AdultBlock+ service, with no other information.